宾语从句
(1)用that, what, how, when, which, why, whether, if 等引起的宾语从句,翻译成汉语的时候,一般不需要改变它在原句中的顺序。
杭州翻译公司举例:
I told him that because of the last condition, I’d have to turn it down.
我告诉他,由于那最后一个条件,我只得谢绝。
Can you hear what I say?
你听得到我所讲的吗?
I don’t know that he swam across the river.
我不知道他游过了那条河。
I don’t know how he swam across the river.
我不知道他是怎么游过那条河的。
He has informed me when they are to discuss my proposal.
他已经通知我他们将在什么时候谈论我的建议。
有时可加“说”字,再接下去翻译译英语原文宾语从句的内容。
杭州翻译公司举例:
Smith replied that he was sorry.
斯密斯回答说,他感到遗憾。
He would remind people again that it was decided not only by himself but by lots of others.
他再三提醒大家说,决定这件事的不只是他一个人,还有其他许多人。
(2)用it 作形式宾语的句子,在翻译的时候,that所引导的宾语从句一般可按英语原文顺序翻译;it有时候可以不用翻译。
杭州翻译公司举例:
I made it clear to them that they must hand in their papers before 10 o’clock in the morning.
我向他们讲清楚了的,他们必须在上午十时前交卷。(it没有翻译)
I heard it said that he had gone abroad.
听说他已经出国了。(it没有翻译)
但有时候,也可以在译文中将that引导的宾语从句提前到句子最前面翻译。
杭州翻译公司举例:
I regard it as an honor that I am chosen to attend the meeting.
我被选参加会议,感到光荣。(it没有翻译)
We consider it absolutely necessary that we should open our door to the outside world.
打开国门,实行开放,我们认为这是绝对必要的。(it翻译为“这”)